HOW TO SEE IN MAKING:
- Should I move fast to catch myself?
- Should I film my work?
- Should I come back in the daylight?
- Should I yell or wave a flag?
- Should I get someone to stand in for me?
- Should I crop in?
- I’ll look out the window.
- A skype tour?
- Should I get you to hold this for me?
HOW TO SEE IN VIEWING:
- Should I carry a map?
- Should I stay here or walk over there?
- Should I be watching this from up here?
- Should I move this or touch this?
- I’ll go down the elevator then up the stairs.
- I’ll squint out the window.
ROOMS WITH A VIEW is a ONE DAY group exhibition held across The Substation that INCLUDES a studio space, dance studio, corridors, staircases, a function room, the foyer, outside of the building and a neighbouring bedroom. The framework for the exhibition is based on the experience of “viewing” with viewers being able to come and go and see multiple installations, movements, performances, photographs and video work simultaneously. Viewers are encouraged to stay for a while, experiencing some works multiple times.
ALICE MCINTOSH, ANDREW TRELOAR AND JACK RILEY, ANNABELLE AND ALANA KINGSTON, BELLE FRAHN-STARKIE AND ROSIE LEVERTON, BENJAMIN WOODS, BRENNAN OLVER, CAITLIN CUMMANE, CHERIE PEELE, EMMA COLLARD, EITAN RITZ, GEORGIA ROBENSTONE, HILLARY GOLDSMITH, JACQUI AYLWARD, KAHO HASHIMOTO, KARI LEE MCINNENY-MCRAE, KATIE LEE, KLARA KELVY, MELANIE IRWIN, MIKAELA FISHER, MORGAN JONES, NATALIE TURNBULL, PLASTIC LOAVES, ROWAN OLIVER, SEAN WHITTAKER, and TAJA DIETRICH.
Exhibiting artists spent time in the space viewing, making and re-making their works as an output of EMMA COLLARD’s SUBSTATION residency.