The SUBSTATION is on the look-out for volunteers who are enthusiastic and dedicated to the promotion of visual and performing arts in its myriad forms. The SUBSTATION volunteers play an active role in delivering excellent customer experiences and ensuring The SUBSTATION remains a valued cultural destination. Whether you want to gain experience in the industry, learn more about visual and performing arts, pass on your skills and knowledge to others or just want to socialise with people with similar interests – we want to hear from you!
WHY VOLUNTEER AT THE SUBSTATION?
Volunteers at The SUBSTATION are involved in a broad range of experiences. The benefits of volunteering include:
- The development of new skills
- Gaining insight into the daily operations of a leading multi-arts organisation
- Meeting new people with shared interests
- Building industry contacts and networks
- Volunteer program events, activities and training
- Regular curatorial briefings for exhibitions and performances
WHAT DO VOLUNTEERS DO?
The SUBSTATION volunteers operate primarily in front of house roles, invigilating exhibitions, ushering for performances and assisting with private and corporate events.
The SUBSTATION is also open to Expressions of Interest for internships from tertiary or post-graduate students in areas of marketing, production and general administration (subject to availability).
Register your interest
To register your interest for volunteering with us, please contact Kali Michailidis, General Manager:
- Email: manager (@) thesubstation.org.au
- Tel: (03) 9391 1110